The Advice Sector Panel provides the Council with research and advice from the not-for-profit advice sector who have ground level experience of advising those who come into contact with the administrative justice system. The Advice Sector Panel has the following aims:
- To identify and advise on the Council on issues affecting those who rely on the advice sector and legal aid practitioners for advice and representation;
- To advise the Council on issues affecting the advice sector;
- To provide suggestions for improvements to the administrative justice system;
- To liaise with other AJC panels, the steering group and the full Council;
- To share areas of best practice across the UK; and
- To assist the AJC in making recommendations and proposals for reform.
The panel is chaired by Lindsey Poole, Director of Advice Services Alliance. The membership consists of representatives from the not-for-profit advice sector and legal aid practitioners from across the UK.