The Academic Panel consists of lead academics in the field of administrative justice from across the UK. The panel identifies and provides research on areas in administrative justice and presents it to the Council. The panel is co-chaired by Professor Robert Thomas and Dr. Naomi Creutztfeldt.
The Academic Panel has the following aims:
• To identify areas of administrative justice that are would benefit from research;
• To liaise with the other AJC panels, the steering group and the full Council;
• To share research undertaken by individual members of the panel;
• To arrange workshops and bring together stakeholders to discuss key issues;
• To promote and share the work of the AJC at academic conferences;
• To assist the AJC in making recommendations on proposals for reform; and
• To promote collaboration and build networks for shared projects and grant applications.
The panel has set up four working groups to look at the key areas within administrative justice:
• Government decision-making and administrative procedures
• Tribunal modernisation
• Data access
• Ombudsman reform